Three primary tools are used for viewing information in the UTSA BI platform:
Microsoft Power BI
- Create reports and dashboards in this tool when you want to primarily use visuals (charts, graphs, maps, etc.) and when you want the components of the report to interact — for example, if you want to be able to click on a pie chart to filter the information displayed in other visuals on the page.
- Some Power BI features are free and available to all UT users. Some Power BI features require a “Pro” account that requries a very small annual expense.
- You can create visuals in Power BI that can be embedded in other web pages, including tennessee.edu, utk.edu, utc.edu, utm.edu, and uthsc.edu.
Learn the basics of Power BI in this series of instructional videos.
Learn the differences between Power BI “Free” and Power BI Pro, plus how to request Pro.
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services: SSRS
- Create reports in this tool when you want to primarily use tables that can be easily exported to Excel, CSV, or other desktop formats.
- All features in SSRS are free and available to all UT users.
- You can schedule SSRS reports to run on a regular basis and subscribe to reports via email.
SAP Business Warehouse: BW
- Create reports in this tool when you want to primarily use only HR and Finance data that lives in BW.
- All features in BW are free and available to all UT users.
Go to IRISWeb and click on “Reports” to view BW queries.
All UTSA BI Tools are available online for download.